Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Recapping Monday

At my crossfit, they're holding a paleo challenge this month. Paleo is a style of eating that, in the most basic terms, means you don't eat anything that a caveman couldn't eat. If you're interested you can find a bit more information on it here.

It will be judged on 5 levels:
1.) weight
2.) measurements
3.) pre and post 500m row time, max push ups and max deadlift
4.) amount of W.O.D.s attended
5.) Before and after pictures

My max pushups were 11, dead lift was 185 (new pr) and row was 2 min 9 seconds.

I plan on eating a lot of spaghetti squash, yum!






Yesterdays crossfit was as follows:

Warm Up:
I didn't write down the majority but it included the test of our 500m row and push ups

Skill:
5 rep max for dumbell press
I got to 45lbs, I was with a partner and stuck with what she did

W.O.D.
For Time
5 rounds
12 wall balls (12lbs - all the 14s were taken)
12 knees to chest

Very easy because of the testing for the paleo challenge.
Time was 8:34

Cashout:
Deadlift 1 rep max


After class I went to the gym and did
500m row - 2:14
35 hcg sit ups
20 walking lunges
3 x 10 rep 60 lb deadlift
4 x 5 reps 100lb deadlift
10 back squats 45lbs
10 back squats 65lbs
8 back squats 85lbs

Some guys were standing around the HCG setup so I asked if it was alright if I used it, and the answer was "It's all yours sweetheart" I smiled politely while I scoffed inside.

I saw the same guy in the squat rack. As all were taken I went over and asked if I could use when he was done. He said for sure, then continued to do a bunch of high weight quarter squats. He complimented my form when I got in the rack and then proceeded to do half squats for the rest of his sets. I feel bad making fun, he was nice, but still.
I may not lift the biggest weights, but I'm working on it. And I'm working on making myself functional in the real world + the army world. I'd love to throw out 200# back squats but it's not worth bad form!


Pump Up Song: The Prodigy - Breath

4 comments:

  1. I don't blame you for making fun..I would probably say the same things after someone called me "sweetheart". As a female engineer I hear it all the time..but yet to hear it in the gym!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your challenge sounds so interesting. I wish you all the best and I know that will all the improvements that you have been making that you are going to be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm confused - where did you get that picture of me?

    Hahaha jk, man, I hope I have that body someday!!!

    ReplyDelete