I saw this on Weight Loss Girl: The Road to Less Cake and thought I'd give it a go!
FMM: Makeup Favorites
- Do you wear makeup everyday? No, I hardly ever wear make up, but I used too!
- Does your routine change if you’re going out with friends/on a date/to a party? For sure. I use foundation / eye liner / mascara / lip gloss for going out, and then for special occasions I'll go balls to the wall and even wear lipstick and occasionally eye shadow. I'm not great at putting on eye shadow though so this is seriously only on occasion.
- Are you loyal to one brand, or do you use different brands for different things? I use all kinds of different brands. I tend to stick to the cheaper stuff, like NYC.
- Do you wear primer/concealer? If so, what’s your favorite kind? No, I don't even know what these things are. A little embarrassed!
- What’s your favorite brand of foundation? I think my foundation is Olay. It's whatever my mom bought for her last occasion that was accidentally a shade too dark so she gave it to me, haha.
- Do you use blush and/or bronzer? Not bronzer, but I love blush. I think it's the one piece of makeup that makes the most difference, making you seem naturally beautiful. Again, I use whatever my mom gave to me that she wasn't using anymore.
- Do you wear eye shadow/eye liner? I'm not good with eye shadow but I love liner. I think it's a quick and easy way to spice up your look for something special.
- What’s your favorite kind of mascara? Waterproof, I normally use great lash (that one with the pink bottle and green lid)
- Lipstick? Lip gloss? Both? Favorite? Lip chap daily (I live in Canada, its necessary!) and gloss occasionally. I love to wear red gowns when I'm going to a fancy event like my fiances ball at work, so for something like that I'll wear a deep red lipstick.
- Do you wear nail polish regularly? If so, share a few of your favorite brands/colors. I recently started painting my nails for the week every sunday. The only problem is that with crossfit it normally chips by Wedns. and then I'll just take it off and start again Sunday. My favorite brand is insta-dri and I like any of their pastel/matte colors. I always do a clear base and top, though.
- How do you remove your makeup at the end of the day? I use St. Ives apricot scrub pretty much every night. I know you aren't supposed too but it isn't too rough and I like the clean feeling it leaves.
- Do you feel prettier when you’re wearing makeup? Not necessarily, but for a special event I'd feel under-done if I were to wear a gorgeous dress and no make up. I guess that goes for normal days with pretty dresses as well. But if I'm just wearing jeans, it makes no difference to me. On the jean days when I do wear make up, I actually find I stress a little wondering if it's smudged or too heavy.
- Do you have any beauty tips that you could pass along? Sleep and blush! My two favorites in the quest too look smokin'