Monday, February 20, 2012

workout du jour

Crossfit was closed for Family Day today so I had to go to the school gym and do my own thing *pouty face*

Warm Up:
500 m row + typical crossfit style warm up

Workout:
100 walking lunges (50 per leg)
push ups: 15 - 15 - 11 - 12
suspended dips: 9 - 7 - 8 - 6
dumbell rows: 4X10 at 17.5lbs
thrusters: 3 x 10 at 40lbs
Stationary bike HIIT: 15 rounds of 30 sec max effort 30 sec rest
Pull ups were interspered throughout the workout, doing one or two between most exercises, for a total of 15.


Cool Down:
Layed on mat and listened to Dust in the Wind. <- was awesome.
Then about 10 minutes of stretches.

All in all a great workout. I felt great after and was really proud of everything I had accomplished. I have NO REASON to think this, but I felt like everyone was looking ta me like 'whoa that chicks STRONG, look man shes doing pull ups and weights and stuff!'. Better than the usual stressing that people are judging me for being weak. I don't know when that changed, must have been recently. It really wasn't that long ago that I avoided certain exercises or the gym altogether because I feared what people were thinking..


3 comments:

  1. Half of being strong is being mentally strong. The days when my mind says I'm strong, I usually am! Sounds like a tough workout you picked for yourself. Good job!

    ReplyDelete