Wednesday, February 22, 2012

crossfit du jour

Warm Up:
15 double unders
10 push ups
10 squats
15 double unders
10 instep lunges
10 pull ups
15 double unders
10 dislocates
10 I don't remembers

Skill:
3 x row 500m, interspersed through workout, looking for new PR
I did before warm up, after warm up, and at end of class

WOD:
70% max dead lift
Every minute, on the minute, for 12 minutes, do:
2 dead lifts
7 burpees

Results:
Dead Lift: 130lb 
Burpees: Modified
completed all 12 rounds
Row: best was 2:09, same as my old PR

I used the black band (2nd lowest) doing the pull ups in the warm up. I can only crank out about five before my hands give out (I can do a couple more if I'm wearing gloves). It was kind of cool, though, because my limitation is the pain in my hands, not my ability to get to the bar, so I wound up pulling to hard on the first one and I liked it so I finished off the pull ups as chest-to-bars.

3 comments:

  1. That's awesome you're doing chest to bar! I fear them in The Open.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be honest, I don't know what this means, or what a lot your cross fit posts mean, but I know 2 things:

    1) You are a beast (in a GOOD way)
    2) I seriously admire you

    ReplyDelete