Wednesday, February 29, 2012

crossfit du jour





Warm Up:
10 dislocates
10 push ups
10 double unders
10 hip rotations
2 10 sec pigeon pose
10 side 2 side lunges
10 good mornings
10 double unders

Skill:
5-5-5-5-5
deadlift, for 50-80% of 5 rep max

WOD:
"Renegades of Squat"
for total number of reps, X3
1 min front squat
1 min rest
1 min back squat
1 min rest
1 min air squat
1 min rest

Results:
DL: 115
Reps: 189
weight: 65lbs (both front and back squats)

So everyone in the last workout last night was whining about how sore their upper bodies were and written on the board beside the title of this workout were the words "you asked for it!" I couldn't help but laugh. Muscles just on the inside of my hipbone are sore, muscles I didn't know I have, which is a good sign. Going down the stairs to my apartment my legs almost gave out, and after the workout while bending over to put my shoes on, they actually did. Long story short: awesome but deadly workout. I love that I get this kind of burn when in all actuality I was only working out for a total of 9 minutes. Also, I didn't take any pictures like I thought I would, but I did my warm up with my gas mask on. I need to get used to doing challenging things with it on for training this summer so I figure I'll start wearing it in the warm ups and then maybe work up to doing some other things with it on, maybe a run or skipping intervals or something.

I was all grumpy because I have class until 9 tonight when I looked at the course website and realized.. I don't actually have seminar tonight! It's next week! Hoorah! Dishes and homework it is! And maybe some birthday present shopping for hubby.

Hubby is turning the big two - seven on Saturday and I've been trying to figure out what to get him. He said he wanted (TMI) me to get something sexy but I think thats too cliche and is better off as a surprise anyways so I said no. Instead I'm going to surprise him with rock climbing lessons at a local indoor place. He's mentioned a few times that it looks cool and it's something he's wanted to try. I hope he's excited! I also want to find him a really fancy cupcake because he's been trying to eat clean as well but he was a cook for a long time and really appreciates a good dessert. So much to do, so little time!

2 comments:

  1. Hey...rock climbing can be sexy. You just never know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can rock climb in your sexy lingerie! (I kid) I think that he will really like his gift.

    ReplyDelete