Monday, February 27, 2012

++++++++++

the only thing standing between you and your goal is that bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't acheive it. - Jason Belfort

I googled Jason Belfort thinking he'd be some awesome inspirational personal trainer or something. I don't watch Biggest Loser, I'm out of the loop, maybe he got a gig on there. Nope, he is a white collar criminal who spent 22 months in jail. But shit did he get some stuff done before that.

lack of activity destroys the good condition of every human being, while movement and methodical physical exercise save it and preserve it. – Plato

Even Plato knew it, and this was before the days of the CEO, before the majority of the population was sitting at a desk at least 8 hours a day while 'hunting and gathering' lunch from the nearest vending machine.


money is the most envied, but the least enjoyed. Health is the most enjoyed, but the least envied.  - Charles Caleb Colton

I cannot understand the people who get the big house, the fancy car, but don't look after their own bodies. I live in a an apartment in a couples basement. I don't go without but I certainly don't have much either. It doesn't matter. I have love and I have crossfit and I have never felt so good in my life.


the man who can drive himself further once the effort gets painful is the man who will win. – Roger Bannister

This is actually something that bothers me a lot. I think it's crazy that society today is so lazy that people think that an exercise hurting means they should stop. It reminds me of the movie wall-e. Are you injured, or are you hurt? Because they are two different things, and one is imperative for success. I used to leave crossfit thinking 'oh man I can't wait for the day that it stops hurting' and now I embrace the pain, because I know that when my muscles have time to rest and heal themselves that pain will turn into strength that I didn't have before.


leave all the afternoon for exercise and recreation, which are as necessary as reading. I will rather say more necessary because health is worth more than learning. – Thomas Jefferson

I personally love this quote, only because I think people put way to much emphasis on a secondary education nowadays (specifically university). I feel like I was kinda duped into it but I blame no one but myself, because I should have thought for myself. There is almost a stigma - you have to go to university to succeed! Not trade school or college, because God forbid you learn a useful skill. I loved the book World War Z for this because it explored just how f*cked our society would be if we had to fight for our own survival, because now a days a huge percentage of the population are CEOs or Music Appreciation Whatevers, bullshit titles that don't translate into any sort of functional skills outside of capitalism and specifically the model that we've created. Yes, I'm whining and I also just tried to use World War Z as a credible source.. But come on, its a sick book.



3 comments:

  1. Injured or hurt...the fine line....everyone will lean towards hurt...why? They only know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I have love and I have crossfit" - I love this! Great attitude. I don't get it either why people who have everything just ignore their health. My neighborhood is full of people like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quotes and comments. I'm a capitalist and also believe in having useful skills and survival skills. It's all necessary.

    ReplyDelete